grass

This is a poem I wrote on my recent trip to Greece. I was able to spend about 12 wonderful days there. It seems though that no matter where a person goes, people and places you care about so deeply go right along with you...
I walked in the grass today.
Soft and crunchy beneath my feet. Cool in the shade. Warm in the sun.
I could smell the earth today.
Sweet and salty, bathed in new life.
The sun shines. The breeze comes in.
Some people would say this is nothing to speak of... nothing about which to write.
But the sun shines differently in places of freedom.
And the grass grows more sweetly with no walls to stop it.
And the wind is fresh when it blows in from distant shores.
I walked in the grass today.
And my heart recalled the past in bittersweet breaths


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home