The Wedding
Last Sunday I attended a wedding at the birthplace of Jesus! What a place to get married, eh? It was a beautiful time of celebration and new beginnings.
Ihab and Lisa, two very kind and thoughtful people invited me to join their family and friends in celebrating their marriage. The ceremony was similar to many weddings I have attended in the past. Although it was all in Arabic, it was easy to see that there was a time of exchanging vows, exchanging rings, time for prayer, communion, and the announcement to the community gathered that Ihab and Lisa were officially married.
A few differences: Lisa and Ihab walked down the aisle together (their parents walked in first and sat down in the front pews). The ceremony was relatively short. There was a photographer and videographer in front of the bride and groom the entire time. I think they took some photos after the wedding as well, but the entire wedding was captured on film. There was of course, an adorable ring bearer and flower girls. The ring bearer looked to be about 3 or 4 and wore a tux. He ran around making faces at people - it made me feel very at home somehow.
After the ceremony we went to a banquet hall - a large banquet hall. We sat down and had salads and bread as we waited for the couple to arrive. The parents of the bride and groom greeted each guest as we walked into the hall.
Once the bride and groom arrived, the dancing began. And friends, this was some really celebratory dancing! It was amazing and wonderful to watch. I tried to take some pictures and I will post those so you can see. The best part though was that Lisa and Ihab were lifted up onto the shoulders of their friends and family for about 20-30 minutes and people danced and laughed and had a glorious time.
The wedding ceremony had taken place at 5:00 PM. The banquet started around 7:00. Lisa and Ihab arrived around 8:00 and the dinner was served a little after 10:00. I didn't make it through the entire reception, but later I found out that it went on till nearly 1:00 AM.
It was a magnificent time. Everyone was dressed beautifully. The women, especially take this time of celebrating marriage to dress their best and they looked great! I will also post a picture of my friends, Usama (the brother of the groom), Mira, and their son Layth dressed to the nines.
Hope all is well in your world today friends and thanks for being interested in the lives of the people here!
Take care,
Ashley


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home